The Confederation of Zonta Clubs was founded on November 8, 1919, in Buffalo, NY, and was comprised of nine clubs. Five of the nine clubs would become part of District 2.
The name “Confederation of Zonta Clubs” changed to “Zonta International” in 1930.
There was a lull in club growth until after World War II, when The Zonta Club of Ogdensburg was chartered, joining Zonta International District 2 in 1945.
Over seventy years later, the club still works hard for the advancement of women in their location & around the world through service and advocacy. In 2015 they were recognized as the District 2 Club of the year. The club is currently approximately 40 members strong and active in district & international events. They sent a delegate to the 2016 International Convention held in Nice, France. They are a proud member of the Ogdensburg Chamber of Commerce. Throughout the year, this Ogdensburg Area Zonta Club raises funds to support scholarships and community projects that empower women and girls.
LIKE them on Facebook.