Zonta Club of Cortland
Zonta International (ZI) is a service organization compromised of professional women working together to advance the status of girls and women worldwide. As a member of the Zonta Club of Cortland, you are one of more than 30,000 members in more than 1,200 clubs in 67 countries.
Our Cortland club empowers women and girls through service and advocacy right here in our community. A few of our local projects include:
- Aid to Victims of Violence (AVV): Providing financial support and through grants and physical supplies to our local AVV shelter.
- Model Moms: Providing materials and nutritional support for various projects, including the drop-in daycare program.
- Family Reading Partnership: Promoting literacy by supplying books and educational materials to local children. The Zonta Club of Cortland stock a Bright Red Bookshelf at the YWCA of Cortland.
- Z Club: Supporting local high school students in the Cortland chapter of our service organization with mentorship and financial contributions.
- Women’s Coalition: Partnering with other local agencies for educational literacy. A sponsor of "Meet the Candidates."
- Educational Awards: Three annual scholarships, the Jean M. Coon Award for Community Service, and the Ruth Schaub Mature Woman and High School Senior awards, support two high school students and one mature woman annually who are looking to further their education.
- Fund/Friend Raisers Fashion Show: Annual fall luncheon featuring fashion from local boutiques, raffles, and auction items.
- Woman of Achievement: Annual spring luncheon honoring a local woman who embodies the mission of Zonta. She is nominated by her peers and is a member of the local community.
- Zonta Garden: Maintaining a beautification project on The intersection of Clinton and Church Street in Cortland.
Zonta International envisions a world in which women’s rights are recognized as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential. In such a world, women have access to all resources and are represented in decision making positions on an equal basis with men. In such a world, no woman lives in fear of violence.
Monthly dinner meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm. Guests are welcome to join a dinner meeting by contacting a current member or emailing email@example.com for more information.
Apply Online: Tinyurl.com/membershipZontaCortland